Nursing Education Information for Students
Information for nursing students and recent graduates.
Approved scholarship information
LPN and RN test info
To become an LPN or RN, applicants must take and pass the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX).
First, you will need Authorization to Test (ATT) from the WABON licensing.
See Apply by NCLEX Exam for more information.
ARNP national certification exam
The Washington State Board of Nurisng (WABON) approves the following national certification programs:
- AANP: American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- AACN: American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
- AANA: American Association of Nurse Anesthetists
- AMCB: American Midwifery Certification Board
- ANCC: American Nurses Credentialing Center
- PNCB: Pediatric Nursing Certification Board
- NCC: National Certification Corporation for the Obstetric, Gynecologic and Neonatal Nursing Specialties
- ONCC: Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation
National nursing education accreditation
- ACEN: Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
- CCNE: Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- NLN CNEA: National League for Nursing Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation
Scope of Practice Decision Tree
The Scope of Practice Decision Tree is a tool designed to help nurses, nursing students, employers, and policy makers determine the responsibilities a nurse can safely perform:
Nurse Practice Act of Washington
The Nurse Practice Act is found in RCW 18.79. The WA Board of Nursing writes the rules for nursing practice.