Registered Nurse & Licensed Practical Nurse License
Washington state application information for:
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Multistate License (MSL) information
If you have an active RN or LPN multistate license (MSL) from another state, you don't need to apply for a Washington state license.
When we start offering MSLs in phase 2, you will need to apply for one if you change your primary state of residence (PSOR) to Washington state.
Before you apply
- Make sure you meet all requirements
- Complete any verifications needed
- Register for any exams needed
- Get your forms signed and ready to upload
- Get your required documents ready to upload
- Have a payment method ready to pay online
How to apply
There are different requirements depending on your situation to apply for your RN or LPN license in Washington. Choose which situation applies to you:
- Exam (first RN or LPN license)
- Endorsement (already have a RN or LPN license in another state)
- Educated outside of the United States
Submitting forms and documents
- You have 14 days after you submit your application to upload your documents online.
- After 14 days you won’t be able to access your application though SAW.
- If you have more documents to submit after 14 days, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org