Workforce Data Requirements
All nurses working in Washington state must provide demographic data every year.
About the data:
- We use this data to help plan for our state nursing needs and improve healthcare.
- We don’t see individual responses, only summarized information.
First time licensed in Washington requirements
Once you’ve received your license number, you must submit your demographic data via:
Renewing or Reactivating your Washington license requirements
Every year when you renew your license, you must review and update your demographic information as needed.
Out-of-state multistate license (MSL) requirements
- Have multistate license (MSL) from another NLC state.
- Don't have a Washington state nurse license.
Then you must complete the MSL demographic survey:
- When you are first hired to work in Washington
- Every year after that.
Complete the MSL demographic survey: