Skip to main content

Online Portal Maintenance

Online applications through HELMS will be unavailable today (6/20/24). The system is expected to be back up by around 6:00 p.m.

Update Your Personal Information

You are responsible for maintaining your license, including updating your contact information. 

  • Please email us to change your name. Details on how below. 
  • You can update your contact information yourself via the DOH Online Application Portal.

How to update your contact information

If you have an active Washington state nurse license, you can update your contact information online. It is your responsibility to keep your contact information current.

To update your information online you will need:

DOH Online Application Portal steps

  1. Log in to your SAW account
  2. Find the Online Application Portal provided by Department of Health in your list of services.
  3. Click on “Access Now.”
  4. Click “Continue
  5. What type of credential would you like to apply for? Click Individual Health Profession Credential
  6. Are you renewing a Credential? Click No
  7. Do you hold a WA License? Click Yes
  8. Click “Continue
  9. Enter required information on the User Lookup Page.
    • Last name
    • Date of birth
    • Social security number (SSN)
  10. Click “Search.”
  11. Validate your current or previous address
  12. Update your address on the Update User Profile page by
    • Selecting from the drop down lists your Country, State/Province, and county
    • Enter your full street address including Apartment number in the Address Line 1 field
    • Enter your city
    • Enter your Zip Code
  13. Click on the "Validate Address" link.
  14. Select the Use Suggested Address option.
  15. Click the Save button
  16. Once you have validated your address, click the "UPDATE" button.


How to change your name

To change your name, you must send us the following:

  • Your license number.
  • How you would like your name to appear.
  • A legal document supporting your name change, such as:
    • Marriage certificate.
    • Divorce decree.
    • Naturalization document.
    • Legal name change document signed by a judge.

If you are missing any of the information listed above, we can't complete your name change request.

Send name change documents:

Need help?

If you have trouble with the Online Application Portal, you can contact us during business hours.