Change or update your personal information
You can change your name by emailing us the required information listed below.
You and update your contact information online. You must email us to change your name.
Change your name
In order to complete a name change you must send us the following information:
- The correct legal documentation:
- Marriage certificate
- Divorce decree
- Naturalization document
- Legal name change document signed by a judge
- Your credential (license) number
- How you would like your name to appear
If you are missing any of the information listed above, we will not be able to complete your name change request. You can submit your information via fax at 360-236-4738 or by email.
Update your contact information
All licensed practical nurses (LPNs), registered nurses (RNs), advanced registered nurse practitioners (ARNPs), and nursing technicians (NTECs) may update their contact information online for their Washington State license through accessing the SecureAccess Washington (SAW) security portal.
- Log in to your SAW account
- For help see Create a SAW account
- Click on “Home”
- Click on “Access Now.”
- Click “Continue”
- Enter required information on the User Lookup Page.
- Last name
- Date of birth
- Social security number (SSN)
- Click “Search.”
- Update your address on the Update User Profile page by
- Selecting from the drop down lists your Country, State/Province, and county
- Enter your full street address including Apartment number in the Address Line 1 field
- Enter your city
- Enter your Zip Code
- Click on the "Validate Address" link.
- Select the Use Suggested Address option
- Click the Save button
- Once you have validated your address, click the "UPDATE" button.
* If you need to update your email address follow the instructions at the top of the update user profile page.
If you’re having problems with the Online Application Portal, please contact the Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission at 360-236-4703. Our normal business hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. We are closed on all state holidays.