How to renew your Washington Nurse License Online
Only RNs, LPNs, and ARNPs with an active status can renew online. All other licenses and statuses must renew by mail or at the front counter of the Department of Health (DOH).
- You can renew your license online 85-90 days before your license expires.
- You can do a late renewal up to 1 year after your expiration date.
You can’t renew online if your license status is:
- There are no renewal fees required for renewal of military status.
- To renew your license in military status please email a copy of your active military duty orders to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "MILITARY RENEWAL".
- Retired active
- Active on probation
- Active with conditions
- Active with restrictions
If your license is currently in one of the statuses listed above or you hold an active Nursing Technician (NTEC) registration, then you will need to mail your renewal payment (check or money order) to:
Department of Health
PO Box 1099
Olympia, WA 98504-7864
Before you start
Before you renew online, make sure your contact information is update.
To renew your license online you will need:
- SecureAccess Washington (SAW) account
- Department of Health (DOH) HSQA Online Services access
- Assigned User ID and Password from your renewal notice
DOH HSQA Online Services
How to add the DOH HSQA Online Services to your SAW account:
- Log in to your SAW account
- For help see Create a SAW account
- Click "Add a New Service"
- Click on "I have been given a code by an agency"
- Type in the code: 7472
- Click “Submit”
You will be returned to your SAW account page. You should see DOH HSQA Online Services provided by Department of Health in your list of services.
When you are ready to renew click Access Now and Log in.
Log in to DOH HSQA Online Services
- Click “Access Now”
- On the next page click “Continue”
- Click “Login” in the top right corner
- Enter your User ID and Password from your renewal notice
- If you don’t have your assigned User ID and Password, please call us at 360-236-4703
Access your renewal
Once you are logged into the DOH HSQA Online Services you should see your credentials and renewals.
- If you don't see your credential listed please call us at 360-236-4703.
Under the Renewal section of your services:
- Click on “Click here to renew an existing credential.”
- Choose which credential you want to renew and click “Start” next to it
- On the Renewal Affirmation page, click "Yes"
- This is your CEU and practice hour attestation. Keep those records in case they are officially requested.
- Click "Next".
- Follow prompts to get to pay screen
- Put in your payment info
- Click “submit”
- Apply on a desktop computer. Mobile and tablets tend to have more issues.
- Use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge for best results.
Download step-by-step instructions with graphics:
If you have trouble with the DOH HSQA Online Services or online application process, you can contact us during business hours.
- Phone: 360-236-4703
- Email: email@example.com