Nurse license WCN surcharge increases to $8 on July 24, 2023
Starting July 24, 2023 the Washington Center for Nursing (WCN) license surcharge will be $8.
This fee is a part of all Washington state RN and LPN applications and renewals.
About the WCN surcharge
- Washington Center for Nursing (WCN) is the statewide nursing workforce center.
- Per state law, all RNs and LPNs must pay this fee. (ARNPs pay it only on their RN license.)
- Fees and surcharges on nurse licenses are mandated by the Washington State Legislature. These fees can't be changed or removed without the legislature’s approval.
What you need to know
- This fee increase starts July 24, 2023.
- The fee total will be $8.
- If you renew or apply online (recommended) the new fee amount will automatically be applied.
- Your renewal card may have the wrong fee amount if it was sent before the legislation was enacted. We recommend renewing online to make sure it is correct.