Washington State Nursing Education
We approve and regulate nursing education programs for Washington state.
- Nursing education programs.
- Nurse refresher courses for LPN and RN licensure.
- Out-of-state nursing education programs for clinical placement in Washington state.
- Nursing professional vocational relationships (PVR) courses.
We set standards to:
- Promote safe and effective nursing practice.
- Develop, evaluate, and improve education programs.
- Ensure education programs prepare candidates for licensing and certification.
- Ensure out-of-state distant learning programs are equal to our in-state nursing programs.
Information for Nursing Programs
Information, resources, and links for nursing education programs, including:
Information for Students
Information, resources, and links for nursing students, including:
- Nursing education program lists
- Nursing program NCLEX pass rates
- WCN scholarship information
- Licensing processes
- How to apply for your license by exam
See all information for nursing students.
Find the rules for nursing education training programs in WAC 246-840-500 through 575.