So You Want to Be a Professor Workshop & Networking Event - October 25
Washington state needs more nurse educators!
Are you a practicing nurse or nursing student? Are you interested in teaching nursing students at a community college, university, or as a clinical instructor?
Jumpstart your journey with this unique in-person workshop for only $35!
So You Want to Be a Professor Workshop & Networking Event
Wednesday, October 25, 2023
9:00 a.m.- 3:30 p.m.
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton-Southcenter
Registration is open through Oct 20, 2023.
In this workshop, participants will:
- Identify and reflect on Social and Personal identities and how they impact nurse education.
- Explore paths and roles of becoming a nursing professor.
- Discuss belonging as a nursing professor.
- Explore the impact of social determinants in education.
- Describe the steps and requirements to apply for a faculty position.
- Earn 6 CE
Visit the WCN So You Want to Be a Nursing Professor website for details.
For more information, including scholarship options, contact Frank Kohel at email@example.com
The Washington Center for Nursing (WCN) Diversity Advisory Committee is committed to creating a strong and diverse nurse faculty workforce.
To support greater diversity among Washington’s nursing faculty, WCN strongly encourages diverse practicing nurses and nursing students interested in pursuing the nurse educator path to register.