Updated: July 21, 2023
New Zoom link for Employers July 21 webinar about the NLC Multistate License requirements
We have updated the Zoom link for our webinar on Friday, July 21 at 11 a.m. for nursing employers:
Attend the webinar for information on:
- Employer requirements for hiring nurses with a Multistate License (MLS)
- How to report the required info to the Nursing Commission.
Register for the webinar using the updated Zoom link below.
SSB 5499 requires certain employers who hire nurses with an active multistate license (MSL) (without a WA state license) to:
- Verify and report MSL nurses to the Nursing Commission.
- Attest that the MSL nurse has completed the required Suicide Prevention Training.
- Attest that the MSL nurse has updated or submitted their demographic data.
- Employers may begin reporting MSL nurses to the Nursing Commission staring July 24, 2023.
- Nurses may begin to work as of July 24, 2023, before employers report this information.
- Employers must report no later than September 1, 2023.
- Starting September 1, 2023, employers must report MSL nurses to the Nursing Commission within 30 days of hire.
These employers and establishments must report per SSB 5499:
- Hospitals (Chapter 70.41 RCW (SSB 5499, Sec. 24))
- Private Establishments (Chapter 71.12 RCW (SSB 5499, Sec. 25))
- Ambulatory Surgical Facilities (Chapter 70.230 RCW (SSB 5499, Sec. 26))
- Nursing Homes (Chapter 18.51 RCW (SSB 5499, Sec. 27))
- Assisted Living Facilities (Chapter 18.20 RCW (SSB 5499, Sec. 28))
- Hospice Care Centers (Chapter 70.127 RCW (SSB 5499, Sec. 29))
- Adult Family Homes (Chapter 70.128 RCW (SSB 5499, Sec. 30))
- Nursing Pools (Chapter 18.52C RCW (SSB 5499, Sec. 31))
For these mandatory employers it is a legal requirement to report. DSHS and DOH will enforce this starting September 1, 2023.
To protect public safety, we encourage all employers to report, even if not required.
We have 1 upcoming webinar to talk about these requirements.
To join the webinar, click on the zoom link on the scheduled day and time.
Friday, July 21, 2023
11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Join online via Zoom
For more information please contact: