How to apply for your Washington Nurse License online
Make sure you have all your documents, payment method ready, and your application is complete to avoid delays.
We will send you a one-time paper license in the mail 7 to 10 business days after we approve and activate your license.
Ready to apply?
Prior to accessing the DOH Application Portal, please review the instructions for your application type:
- Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners (ARNP)
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN)
- Nursing Technicians (NTEC)
Most people can apply online, but some situations may need to send a paper application.
You can’t apply online if:
- You have previously applied for a license in Washington state and your application was closed as deficient. If your application was closed, you will need to submit a new application and fee. If your application was closed more than 6 months ago, you will need to resubmit all required supporting documents.
- You don’t have enough information in the public record to verify your identity.
- You need to reactive a previous Washington state license.
If you need to apply with a paper application, please email us at email@example.com.
To apply for your license online you will need:
- SecureAccess Washington (SAW) account
- Department of Health (DOH) Online Application Portal access
DOH Online Application Portal
Steps to add the DOH Application Portal to your SAW account:
- Log in to your SAW account
- For help see Create a SAW account
- Click "Add a New Service"
- Click on "I would like to browse a list of services by agency."
- Select Department of Health
- Scroll to Online Application Portal
- Click "Apply"
- Click "OK"
You will be returned to your SAW account page. You should see Online Application Portal provided by Department of Health in your list of services.
When you are ready to apply click Access Now and follow the online instructions.
- Apply on a desktop computer. Mobile and tablets tend to have more issues.
- Use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge for best results.
Submitting forms and documents
- You have 14 days after you submit your application to upload your documents online.
- After 14 days you won’t be able to access your application though SAW.
- If you have more documents to submit after 14 days, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have trouble with the Online Application Portal or online application process, you can contact us during business hours.
- Phone: 360-236-4703
- Email: email@example.com